Cake decorating in long summer days.....





Summer is at its peak in my city these days. Long summer evenings are hard to bear especially when you plan to work in kitchen. Imagine yourself surrounded by the heat of oven at 180 degree, sweating from head to toe trying to beat egg whites and egg yolks separately in two different mixing bowls. Does not sound too good, eh?

But that’s a fact my dear unless or until you can afford the luxury of an air conditioner in your working area. Long story short, most difficult time for baking is during summers when you are surrounded by heat not just inside the kitchen but outside too. Just imagine during one of these scorching hot long summer days I got a chance to polish my cake decorating skills which was an amazing experience.



A friend of mine informed me that few like minded people are gathering to celebrate their love for baking and cake decorating and if I am interested I can join them. As you all know that to excel and hold on to the expertise in baking, it is always better to go through some refresher courses. So I decided to join these lovely people to practice my cake decorating skills along with other professionals. It was total fun as we already had our cake sponges baked and ready with us for decorating. Basic purpose of this workshop was to train and refresh our brains in cake decorating skills within the limited resources. No doubt it was a fun exercise providing every one with the chance to exchange ideas. Here is what I did for my cake decoration;




I baked a cake with usual recipe of pond cake adding little lemon juice to it instead of any artificial flavor. I prepared my butter cream icing in two colors (i.e. lemon and turquoise) along with marzipan ready in red color. My inspiration for cake decorating was circus so I decided to use m & m s too, just to add a little more color along with little taste of chocolate. Last but not the least I used little sugar hearts as they are a must when we talk about decorating with love. So joining all these together turned out to be something like this

















4 Response to "Cake decorating in long summer days....."

  1. Aiman says:

    Lovely, such a treat to look at. Keep up the good work.

    thank you

    These cakes are adorable, seemed kinda fun to make. :)

    thanks you so much for the complement

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme